"Oh, mommy, THANK you!" I exclaimed. I was six years old and overjoyed when I saw Kit. "Let's go have some fun!" she squealed. And for the past eight years, thats exactly what we've been doing.
She travelled with me all over the country, and eventually, to Michigain, where she met her first sister.
"Yay!" Kit jumped up and down on the bed in Uncle Tim's house. "Its Family Party day! Get up!" As soon as I heard those words, I was up and running. In my white long-pajamas, I flew down the stairs with Kit in my arms. It was only six o'clock in the morning, but we were already up. My mom had dyed the hair of my cousins Keegan, Ethan and Abi, and my sister Mallory and I, and Kit was mad that I didn't let her get her hair dyed too. She didn't yet understand the meaning of "head replacement". I was eleven this year, 2002, and it present time, so you can imagine my excitement. Abi got a play kitchen and a big, fuzzy faux-fur white rug. I sat on it (Kit sprawled and rolled all over it) and I gasped when I tore off the wrapping paper of my present. Kit was happy too. She clapped her hands and squealed like a baby. "Yay! A little sister!"
"Yay!" Kit jumped up and down on the bed in Uncle Tim's house. "Its Family Party day! Get up!" As soon as I heard those words, I was up and running. In my white long-pajamas, I flew down the stairs with Kit in my arms. It was only six o'clock in the morning, but we were already up. My mom had dyed the hair of my cousins Keegan, Ethan and Abi, and my sister Mallory and I, and Kit was mad that I didn't let her get her hair dyed too. She didn't yet understand the meaning of "head replacement". I was eleven this year, 2002, and it present time, so you can imagine my excitement. Abi got a play kitchen and a big, fuzzy faux-fur white rug. I sat on it (Kit sprawled and rolled all over it) and I gasped when I tore off the wrapping paper of my present. Kit was happy too. She clapped her hands and squealed like a baby. "Yay! A little sister!"
"Kit, I want you to meet Felicity."
No comments:
Post a Comment